Monday, 5 March 2012

Pretty Lips Whiter Teeth


Hello ladies, long time but seen as I had a spare minute I thought id fit in a post for you.

First off I shall start with the subject of whiter teeth. Now I don't know about you but squeaky clean white teeth have always been at the top of my agenda. I'm not a tea or coffee drinker so I don't see any reason for me to be sitting around whilst my teeth bath in trays of bleach, I usually just stick to teeth whitening tooth pastes to keep my smile tip top.

A little while ago I gave Blanx toothpaste a go, I had never steered towards this brand in the past but I had always heard good things about it. Blanx is a non abrasive toothpaste which aims to give you a natural whiter smile if used daily. The one I was using was also for sensitive teeth, it contains a special formula to strengthen and reinforce tooth enamel as well as helping to reduce sensitivity.

Did it work: After the first couple of weeks of using Blanxs I did notice a difference in the whiteness of my teeth, against the shade chart they were definitely more on the white side, but I feel that the major difference I noticed was in the sensitivity, I could finally drink ice cold water without holding my teeth in pain. If your looking for a whiter smile the natural way, I would recommend giving this a go. There's also an advanced whitening that I think I will try next.

You can pick up Blanx from drugstores or their website HERE

Next up we have YSL Glossy Stains 

  • "GLOSS? STAIN? LIPSTICK? WHY COMPROMISE? HAVE IT ALL
  • Live the sophistication of a boundless glossy colour that truly fuses
  • your lips in a new shine. A GLOSSY STAIN you barely feel."
I hold up my hands, Iv never tried anything from YSL in the past but after trying these I'm definitely going to be checking out more of their lip products. I have fallen in love with shade 3, it has been on my lips everyday since it landed on my doorstep, the colour is perfect for my skin tone and it lasts all day.

What I love about these is that you can apply them in layers depending on the intensity you want. I usually apply one and I'm good to go. The angled shaped applicator allows me to apply this to my lips perfectly leaving cupid to admire my perfect bow. The finish of these glossy stains is exactly that, but as the day goes on the gloss fades and your left with the stain. They are not sticky or heavy on the lips, to be honest once applied it doesn't even feel like there's anything there.

The YSL Glossy lip stains retail at £22.50 and can be found HERE in an array of colours. 

34 comments:

  1. blanx sound interesting, I've recently gotten into my teeth more since I've had them whitened.

    please check out my Urban decay giveaway at tzeyien89.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thought of a lip stain, but Estée Lauders offerings have put me off. Too drying and gritty, eugh. But these look so pretty!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoOOoO I will definitely check out BlanX! D: I always fear that whitening your teeth in any way will damage the enamel, but you saying that this one actually HELPS with sensitive teeth D: oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The YSL lips stains are both gorgeous! I've never heard of the Blanx toothpaste but it sounds like a win win considering it not only whitens your teeth but also addresses the sensitivity issues. I'm looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried BlanX because if I'm honest the packaging put me off. Seems to make it look cheap :/ I'll definitely try it though as I have annoying sensitive teeth that make it difficult to have anything too hot or cold. I never really believe that products over the counter actually whiten your teeth so I'm glad you've seem some improvements. Thanks for this :) xxx

    http://loolitopsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've given up on making my teeth whiter, except for the dentist. The industrial bleach really works, but it's bad to use it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so many good things about the YSL glossy stains that I'm now too tempted to get some! Thanks for the post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I tried the new YSL glossy thingy in store I really didn't like them. I tried the light pink one and I felt it was completely sheer then when i tried to build up the colour it just got goopy and sticky. Maybe the colours have slightly different textures

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never heard anything about Blanx before, until my mom brought the Intensive Stain Removal one home. Wish you could post more often! I check your blog few days a week for updates, only just started mine, mind checking it out:)?
    www.amorestilo.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive always wanted try the ysl glossy stain. the color looks gorgeous



    The fashion cyclist

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to check Blanx out, never heard of it before but always on the lookout! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard alot of good reviews about these, I love the YSL touch eclact but have'nt really tried any of thier other products. Might just check these out :)

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you say Blanx is worth getting just for whitening purposes?

    http://bethbeauty.blogspot.com/
    ps. blog sale now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, but id get the one thats just for whitening. Although results arnt rapid.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. YSL for the win, again! Too bad they aren't that popular here in the States... when I lived overseas that's all I used to use. Thanks for the awesome review although I have gone towards using natural remedies for whitening since my teeth cannot handle the chemicals :(

    Visit my blog for homemade skin and hair remedies at
    http://homeremediesblogger.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love YSL makeup. Their packaging is so cute and the pigmentation is awesome.


    http://herdollface.blogspot.com/
    http://herdollface.blogspot.com/
    http://herdollface.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. great blog... follow for a follow?? xxx

    http://allthelittlethingsinagirlsworld.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. love YSL & your blog!

    astudentsguideto.blogspot.co.uk
    studentoutfitters.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the YSL Rouge Pur Coutures <3! Thanks for sharing.

    Great blog; following you now.

    XOXO
    My Bathroom Is My Castle – Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is informative post. The YSL lips stains are both fabulous and this all shade is really lovely. Everything is perfect in this post. I impressed by that read your whole post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How long does the stain last? Would it be a 'buy again' product? :-)

    www.morethanakeyword.blogspot.com - Beauty, Clothes, Tips, General Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have you always had sensitive teeth? You mentioned that you don't use that many teeth whitening products and my teeth or only sensitive when I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes I have, ones that help fill in the enamel on your teeth are worth a try

    ReplyDelete
  24. i must try those YSL lip stains!

    http://siobhananna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am always on the hunt for tooth whitening toothpaste, haven't tried this yet, will give it a go. Thanks for posting :) great blog :)

    ♥ http://kirstabelle11.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. The YSL lip stains look amazing just have to get my hands on them! I nominated you for Verstile blogger Awards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. No wonder women got addictive with it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds very interesting! I will check this out! teeth whitening

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have the toothpaste but iv never used it before because i never think tooth whitening pastes work! Might give this a go now though x

    ReplyDelete